Young Aspirants Leadership Fellowship (YALF)
YALF have Impacted thus :
- Emergence of more Youth Aspirants as Party Flag Bearers of Political Positions in the 2019 Nigerian General Elections.
- Elimination of Barriers by Political parties to Youth participation.
- Youth Emergence as winners of Elective Positions in 2019 Elections.
- Improvement in the capacity and experience of young aspirants and candidates who run for 2019 general election.
- Changes should have been made in political party policies that increase space and youth candidates emerging as flag bearers on their platforms in the 2019 general elections.
- Youth aspirants and candidates would be better assisted with information and advice to overcome challenges and advance in their aspirations.
- A social media community would have been formed to advocate the need to increase the space for youth to run for political offices in Nigeria.
- A knowledge compendium on the prospects and constraints of youth running for office using the 2019 general elections would have been developed and disseminated.
What YALF Participants are Learning :
- IMPACTFUL POLITICAL LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- HOW TO DESIGN AND SET UP A POLITICAL CAMPAIGN
- POLITICAL CAMPAIGN FUND RAISING
- THE DYNAMICS OF POLITICAL PARTY PRIMARIES
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION, CAMPAIGN MESSAGING AND BRANDING
- HOW TO BUILD POLITICAL PARTY RELATIONSHIP AND LOTS MORE
Components of YALF
Host 3 Youth Preparatory Trainings
Training 350 progressive and underserved youth aspirants and candidates interested in running for different elective positions in the 2019 Nigeria general election, using a structured training curriculum. To produce a robust curriculum, a team of 2-3 curriculum writing consultants shall interview young and old, past and present politicians who have run for elections within and outside Nigeria. They shall also interact with INEC, political parties and any other relevant stakeholders. The cumulative information gathered shall be used in developing the curriculum for the program.
Interparty Forum and Youth Engagement
Hosting an interparty dialogue converging political parties on how to increase space for youth candidates in political parties. Where participants (from the 2 regional workshops of YALF semester 1) shall articulate key areas political parties need to make changes to increase space for youth candidates to emerge and run on their platforms in 2019. This list of demands shall be presented to political parties during the Interparty Dialogue designed to host political parties and other stakeholders. And shall also be promoted via social media and traditional media.
YALF Toll - Free Information Hub
This hub is designed to provide structured information for young people regarding any aspect of running for elections as well as provide guidance and counseling to youth aspirants and candidates on difficulties they may encounter in the course of their aspiration. It is designed to become the first Toll-free customer service information center for youth on running for elections in Nigeria that is nonpartisan.
The 2019 Weekly Video Series
The 2019 weekly shall be a 7/8minutes weekly talk show where current issues on electioneering are discussed from a youth perspective, but with focus on youth candidates and aspirants. Two youth presenters shall anchor the program, featuring guests, special reports from youth aspirants and candidates alike, INEC officials, party officials and other stakeholders. The “2019 Weekly” shall be aired on YouTube channel as well as other social media platforms. Every effort will be made to ensure that the activity is non-partisan, inclusive and representative of the diversity of the political space in Nigeria.
Apply for Female & More Season 2
Registration for Female And More Online Season 2 has started for thousands of females aged 18 and above to participate in the 30 days’ self esteem module and SDG leadership challenge !Click here to apply
9 YALF Trainees emerge winners
YALF is a dynamic youth preparatory program designed to increase the capacity, participation and space for youth emergence in elective positions in the 2019 general elections in Nigeria.Click here to read more
Season 1 Winners Unveiled
Meet the 3 youth innovators who emerged as winners in the just concluded 3 weeks exciting innovative challenge! Andrew who came first took home a $500 seed grant to scale his idea to the next level!Click here to read more