June 26th and 27th, 2012 – Abuja, Nigeria
Do you run a youth organization in Nigeria and desire to become more professional, impactful, secure more grants and be sustainable in your work? The 2nd edition of Youth Organization Capacity Building School is here for you between Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th, June 2012 in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Training shall offer practical sessions on:
- Characteristics of Sustainable Youth Development Organizations
- How to Write Winning Proposals.
- Developing Proper Financial and Accounting Procedures.
- Understanding Social Enterpreneurship Culture and Practice.
- How to Mainstream Gender in Development Interventions.
- Cultivating Rewarding Relationship with Donors and Partners, among other sessions.
- Every participant shall get a free DVD with toolkits and useful resources to help your work as well as all the presentation slides made during the 2 days training.
- 1 Youth Development Organization participating in the Training shall win our Maiden Institutional Building Grant to support a key organizational challenge they are currently facing.
- Dave Larson: National Democratic Institute, Washington DC – Nigeria Office.
- Vernice Guthrie, CSO Expert – UNDP Nigeria.
- Nyambura Ngugi Gender Expert UNDP Nigeria
- Lady Amedormey – Women and Youth Officer.
- Dr. Patrick Dakum: Country Director, Institute of Human Virology
- Project iLearn.
- Kingsley Bangwell: Youngstars Development Initiative, Nigeria
Young persons running or working in a youth organization or interested in starting a youth organization aged 18 to 35years.
Application is closed.
The forms are to be completed and emailed to [email protected] on or before Friday, 15th June 2012 to be considered.
All successful candidates shall be notified via email on or before June 20th, 2012 and also be informed of the Venue for the 2 days training.
Arrival and Registration:
All participants are expected to arrive at the event venue on or before 8:30am on Tuesday 26th June, 2012 for registration. A REGISTRATION FEE of N3,000 is payable at the venue.
Members of the Youngstars Coalition for Youth Capacity (CYC) shall pay only N2,000. To join the CYC, click this link Coalition for Youth Capacity
Transportation cost is solely the responsibility of participants.
Shall be available for a few participants depending on donor funding for accommodation. While completing the form, kindly indicate your interest.
There shall be food and water daily.
Youth Organisation Capacity Building School Season II… an initiative of Youngstars Foundation with support from UNDP-DGD and NDI