No record was found.
The Coalition for Youth Capacity (CYC) is composed of Nigerian youths between the ages of 18 and 35, working to bring about social change and development. Members of this coalition can be individual youths, members and leaders of youth organizations or young change makers addressing a social issue.
Both secular and and non secular youth organizations are welcome as members so long as their development work promotes growth, fosters peace, defends the intrinsic right to life, nurtures the family, and fosters a social climate favorable to integral development, solidarity, and mutual respect.
The coalition philosophy is based on the following:
- We recognize that the foundation of every society and sustainable development is hinged on the youths of the society, thus making youths strategic stakeholders in every society’s building process.
- We believe that youths have positive mindsets, patriotism, creativity, energy, determination, national vision and are working in every sector of Nigeria to contribute to nation building.
- We believe that as emerging leaders, today offers youth the best opportunity to begin to sow seeds of good works, selfless service and empathy through freedom to belong to or own a youth organization for social change.
- Whilst we acknowledge that youths are faced with many social challenges, we are convinced that by actively getting involved and networking together as emerging leaders, youths can unite to bring more visibility to issues and works, and also form a formidable force to reckon with in nation building.
- We believe that the Nigeria needs to scale up its investment and priority on the youth sector by steadily consulting with young people on their felt needs and partnering with youth organizations in meeting such challenges.
- We affirm that Nigeria is a country blessed with enormous endowment and that it is time for serious minded youths to organize and push for change, development and prosperity, not only for us but for coming generations.
We invite all those who share these convictions to join The Coalition for Youth Capacity by filling their details in the form below.