- To empower youth with practical knowledge and skills to effectively engage government towards improving governance, efficiency and accountability.
- To foster cross country networking and innovative youth-led approaches for improved governance in African countries.
- Improving public service administration.
- Strengthening electoral processes.
- Tracking campaign promises
- Tackling corruption
- Actualizing a youth-focused Sustainable Development Goal (SDGs)
- Improving security
- Young people in Africa aged between 18 – 35 years.
WHAT CANVASSITY PAN AFRICAN YOUTH DEMOCRACY FELLOWSHIP 2017 OFFERS
Each semester shall be a 5 day workshop and each semester shall hold in two different Nigerian cities in February and September 2017. The first semester shall hold on 20th – 24th February 2017.
Passing it On
This is a mandatory step down exercise where participants are required to conduct a step down and share what they learn from semester one workshop with at least 40 youth in their place of residence, to qualify for semester two.
Engaging Governance Challenge
Each participant after the first workshop shall embark on a 6 months challenge to engage their elected representative or government institution to address a social problem of their choice.
This campaign shall also have a creative arts component where the problem being addressed shall be captured in a drawing or pictorial visual as tool of engagement and advocacy to the government agency, media and members of the community/stakeholders.
International Learning Visit
Selected participants shall also participate in a 10 days Learning Visit to the African Union in Ethiopia to better understand how regional bodies like the AU are working to promote democracy and good governance in Africa.
Democracy Works CANVASSITY Exhibition
The program shall conclude with the second semester workshop in September 2017 in Abuja. This semester shall include a Democracy Works Exhibition to showcase different initiatives and innovative ways young people were able to engage their elected representatives and government agencies to improve governance impact, accountability and efficiency through CANVASSITY Pan African Youth Democracy Fellowship, 2017.
Cross Border Exchange
One of the major value add of CANVASSITY is the unique opportunity to meet, share, learn and network with youth from 15 African countries!
Application Requirement – APPLICATION IS FREE
- Application form
- Essay – Topic: In your view, discuss a four point agenda that can leapfrog governance and transform your country into an industrial and developed nation in 10 years, and explain your strategies for achieving your agenda.
- CV and Passport photograph
Application Deadline: 4th December, 2016.
Mode of Communication
English and French
$50 (per workshop) International Delegates
Registration covers 6 nights accommodation, 3 meals daily, training materials and return ticket.
N15,000 (per workshop) Nigerian Delegates
Registration covers 6 nights accommodation, 3 meals daily, training materials and one-way road transport reimbursement.
How to apply: Application closed till 2017
The application fee for CANVASSITY Pan African Youth Democracy Fellowship 2017 is Free
Partnership and Inquires: Email email@example.com, or Call +234 703 553 5876, +234 802 090 0285.