Location: Wageningen, the Netherlands
Employment: Full-time, international position
Area: Agriculture and rural development
CTA (Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation) is an international non-profit organisation. Established in 1983 under a joint agreement between the Africa, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) group of countries and the European Union (EU), our mission is to advance food security, increase prosperity and encourage sound natural resource management.
CTA wishes to recruit a Junior Expert for an initial two-year term to support its activities within the Intra ACP Agricultural Policy programme covering the Caribbean and Pacific regions.
The Junior Expert will report to the Senior Programme Coordinator within the Centre’s Policies, Markets and ICTs (PMI) programme, and will provide technical and administrative support for the successful implementation of all aspects of the intra ACP project (including networking and coordination).
Duties and responsibilities
i. Assisting in managing the annual planning portfolio, including preparing updates on progress, results, outcomes and impact
ii. Undertaking preliminary research and preparation for electronic and print publications
iii. Preparing regular communication materials on the programme for partners and stakeholders
iv. Assisting in the preparations, conduct and reporting of technical and policy workshops and other meetings
v. Undertaking Web based monitoring of initiatives, activities and events of relevance to the lntra-ACP Programme,
vi. Maintaining the electronic Knowledge Sharing Platform that will be developed for the Programme
vii. Assisting in drafting terms of reference, activity schedules and managing timelines for activities to be implemented by partner organizations and consultants
viii.Creating and managing a data base of contacts for
- identification and liaison with partner organisations, experts, consultants and participants in the various project activities
- mail and electronic dissemination of products and information generated by CTA’s Action
i. Ensuring logistics for workshops and meetings; liaising with service providers ii. Managing all relevant communication
iii.liaising with consultants and partner organisations
iv.Preparing quarterly activity progress reports, and monitor progress of activities and budgets
v. Preparing annual reports on project implementation and results.
- A Master’s degree in agriculture, or development studies or a related field
- At least five years work experience, including in project management, in an ACP country, preferably in the Caribbean or the Pacific, in one of the following areas: agricultural policies, agricultural economics, rural sociology, natural resources management, information and communication management
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Background in IT and Internet applications
- Proficiency in one of the Centre’s two working languages (English or French) and a satisfactory knowledge of the other working language of the Centre
- National of one of the States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (27 Member States of the European Union and 79 ACP States).
Behaviours and Attitudes
The junior expert will work in a small team in a multi-cultural setting. He/she will interact with partners and consultants of the organization with diverse expertise. He/she should be:
- Committed to development
- Team player
- Organisational and planning skills
- Efficiency, flexibility and diplomacy skills
Compensation and Benefits
Annual gross base salary 56 K € largely tax exempted
Excellent Health scheme
Applications are invited only from citizens of the 79 African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) States as well as those of European Union Member States. The CTA applies an equal opportunities policy.
Qualifying candidates are invited to forward their application and supporting documents before 20 September 2012.
- One-page letter of motivation explaining why he/she qualifies for this position
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scanned copies of relevant diplomas and certificates
- Three referees with contact details
Please quote the source of the advertisement.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted. to the attention of
M. J-C. Burguet
Head of Corporate Services Department
Ref : Junior Expert Agric. Pol. e-mail : [email protected]